Saturday, March 8, 2008

Back on Oahu

Hi guys,
We made it back to Oahu the other day and have been settling back in. Really like our location here on the beach. Have I mentioned that before?

Since the last blog entry we met up with our friends from Highlands Ranch, the Bova family who were staying next door to us over that the Fairmont Orchid. We had fun hanging out with them on the Mauna Lani Beachclub beach and then had an EPIC day over at Hapuna beach, which is by far the best beach that we have been to on any island. Props to Mr. Agasa for pointing us in that direction because the beach is beautiful, the water was amazing, the waves were great for the kids and the whales were pounding the water just offshore with their tales. We all got a great opportunity to do some body surfing. I rode the waves with the girls on my back, which was really fun.

So we have been hanging out mostly here at the house, but we did get out for a surfing lesson for the girls yesterday with our old friend Gaby. We met her at good old Zippy's and followed her over to the beach at what used to be Barber's Point NAS and is now public beach. She's a teacher so naturally was good working with the girls. They went "tandem" with her on a big soft-top board and all of them got up and surfed with her help. See attached photos. It was a magical day. I even got to go out and paddle around for a while. I say that because try as I might to catch a wave, the photo you will see of me on my blog is about as close to surfing as I got. http://billshiblog.blogspot.com

Tomorrow we are going to have a couple of friends over in the afternoon for some beach time and a little barbeque and then have a BIG surprise for the girls tomorrow evening.

'til next time!
Bill

7 comments:

coachtodd said...

good talking to you..jack and I are off for a bit of skiing. give everyone a kiss for me...I love you, oma/mutti

coachtodd said...

Please tell Jillian hello as I cannot find a place to comment to her. I loved the photos of Shelby Rachel, Jillian and you on the surfboards and have enjoyed reading your blog...although I write on the comment it says I must establish an account to send my comment..so I'm saying hello here. Give me a call when time. My love to all. Will see Lulu again in a few minutes. mutti :)

Cynthia said...

Have been following your adventures - I half expect you to tell everyone that you're moving to Hawaii any day now!

Cynthia said...

P.S. It's snowing again today. :(

Suzanne said...

Heidi-

Heidi, is that you on the surfboard?? Way to go! You look great! What a wonderful time with your family and friends. We miss you!
Suzanne

Hooke Family said...

Hope you are out riding the waves or catching a fish or two (Bill still trying :-)? Rachel-you better get some of that coconut icecream as backup!)
Happy Easter! It's actually fairly nice back home here. looks like we are going to have a nice Easter w/o snow for egg hunts!
Heidi-I hope you are feeling good.

Hooke Family

coachtodd said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!! LOVE, MUTTI MARCH 25. YOUR FRIENDS HAVE DECORATED WELL WITH TULIPS AND OTHER SPRING FLOWERS. EVERYONE HOPES FOR THE VERY BEST..MUTTI :)