Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Crazy couple of days...

Hey Everyone...
Just wanted to post a few photos and say that it's been a crazy couple of days. I went fishing at about 5 this am with my phone in my pocket and in my "lack of sleep stupor" forgot that my phone was in my pocket so it got a nice salt water bath. Not good, but it APPEARS to be working again.

We had a fabulous day hiking up to Waimea Falls and then went to Waimea beach. I got eaten alive by mosquitoes and got stung by a bee, but hey, it's Waimea Falls, right? Probably one of the most healing places on the planet. Check out the amazing photo of the girls with our neighbor Ali (pronounced Allie.) He's their new best buddy and a very cool dude. He lives on the beach with his two sisters and right now their mom is visiting on her first "solo vacation" EVER with 8 kids. She was telling me she has had a kid in elementary school for 26 years, until her 13 year old went to middle school. How is that for dedication and love? Amazing.

Today, Gaby came over to surf with the girls, but the conditions were not ideal. She took Jillian out, but couldn't get a wave. I took Rachel fishing and she caught a couple of rock fish. She was very excited. (We call them rock fish, but they are real fish...not rocks.) I battled the wind and current in the Kayak for an hour or more and was thankful for the shoulder workout, but exhausted. Of course Shelby then needed to go out, and well, that did me in. Fortunately for me, I left the bait in a bag in the kayak and it literally got cooked in the sun and was useless to us. Shelbs was kind of freaked out by the tippy boat anyhow, so we had a very short expedition.
:-)

No winds tonight..humid and steamy here. Feels more like Panama in the summer than Hawaii. But hey...I am NOT complaining.

God, I love the north shore...so much positive energy here. Some photos on the side, some at the bottom of the blog...don't miss the ones at the bottom!

G'nite.

B.

No comments: