Friday, January 25, 2008

Quick update for Friday

Hi All,
Yesterday we finally kicked back on the beach caught a few rays (me just a few too many.) I took all the girls snorkeling one at a time (Heidi included) and except for Rachel raking her nail across my back when I pulled her off and told her to stop riding me like a "water horse", things went very well. I caught a good size hermit crab which was worth a solid 20 minutes of entertainment and found a few more lead weights on the reef to stock my surf casting endeavors (which have been fishless to date.)

As for today, here on the tame blog, i'll just say that we had a pretty uneventful day.
We got our school work done early. I think Sheby figured out the whole 1/2 = 2/4 and 5/6 =10/12 thing, which is sweet. Conquering things that vex you is a triumphant feeling, I know.
Things vex me all the time and occassionally I conquer one...but now i'm starting to sound like the spoiled emporer in Gladiator and he was such a twerp.

One of my buddies from the old days, Marcus stopped in to say Hi after he got stood up for an appointment in Wahiawa, so it was good to see him. If you ever meet Marcus, he will NOT have any interesting stories to tell you about me when I was young(er) and we lived in an apartment in Waikiki. I promise, so don't ask.

We took off for town out of sheer stir-crazyness this afternoon and ambled around the Aloha Tower Marketplace and had dinner at the classic old Hawaiian stalwart Gordon Biersch. Let's just say it probably was not worth the 90 or so minutes in the car. You can read my Dennis Leeryesque musings here:
http://billshiblog.blogspot.com.

Tomorrow it is off to the Farmer's market and an official whale counting party at Sunset beach. I'm sure the girls will have plenty to talk about after that.

Thanks again for those of you who have commented.

Peace out.
B.

1 comment:

The Great White North said...

Hey Sedgy, its Minus 10 here and snowing Bro you know I'd rather be paddling out at Sunset Beach for sure!

ITS Great to wake up with a Java and read all your blogs in the Morning as I gaze out at all the snow I will having to shovel and plow in the next hour. Vicarious living man, we count on our friends for this!

Anyway Bud, I do hope your family is enjoying Hawaii and you find all the answers your looking for...

I'm sure this is a good thing for Heidi mate!

Aloha

GIANT